Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Birthdays and bashes

Yesterday would have been my daughter Angela's 24th birthday. I found myself laying in bed with one of my dogs at 5:13 am singing Happy Birthday to her. It was a tradition in our home to sing happy birthday to each other at our birth time... she didn't appreciate it too much when she was a teenager. But as a young child and then as a young woman she loved it. Special times, special memories, all tied in with unbelievable pain. I miss her more than words can say.

It's in these moments that the mission and vision for BrokenButLoved is even further ingrained in my heart. God voice speaking softly to me... stop the insanity Rose... reach out, touch as many as you can... drugs and alcohol are killing our future.

Lancaster city has been plagued with an rash of violent deaths over the last several weeks. Shootings, stabbings... deaths... over drugs... over gang "grudges" and our city residence are angry and upset. The sad part is they are voicing their angry, much which borderlines on hatred towards the "gangster" as they call them population. I understand their frustration but what I don't understand is this "hatred". Jesus teaches us a different way and it's time this country of our got back to our roots and remembered a different way to lives. Instead of spewing out angry words, name calling... etc. perhaps, just perhaps much more could be accomplished by putting that unproductive energy into volunteering to make a positive impact on our city.

Productivity and positive influence and reinforcement is what these struggling young people need. They need to see the light of Jesus in our eyes, in our voices, in our hearts... we need to listen... to teach... it's the only way.

Blessings,
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment