Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It has been way too long since I have posted here. My hands are in terrible shape and typing is difficult but no excuse. October 6th I will get one of them operated on so I will be on my way to full typing ability!

Do you know about Red Ribbon Week? If you do not you should be aware. Everyone should be aware of the dangers of drugs and alcohol, not only to those who use it but those who put their lives on the line everyday to try and stop it. Educate yourself it's important - many lives are at stake. http://camarenafoundation.org/why_kiki.htm

There are times when I get overwhelmed by the sad state of affairs that surround the issue of substance abuse. Agencies don't communicate very well with each other, young people don't want to "get involved" when they see their friends making poor decisions. People don't know what resources are available to them as alternatives to using drugs. Fun, my friends does not come in a bottle, a syringe or a pipe of any kind. Fun, joy, happiness all come from within. It comes from knowing who you are and where you are going and knowing with the guidance of Christ all things are possible.

At this moment as I type I am thinking of Angela... I miss her so much. I long to see her perfect smile and beautiful face. In my dreams she is there but only in my dreams.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment