Monday, September 7, 2009

Keep moving

I've been up since 6:00 am well before the sun began to rise for the day. The chill in the air tells me yes fall is on it's way. I for one am glad to have fall be knocking on the door. I love the changing seasons, not too much of any one type of weather... exactly the way God intended.

Yesterday as I sat in church I cried. September 6th, 2007 is when we buried Angela. Most people don't remember that, as her mother I shall never forget anything that happened between August 31 - September 6, 2007. Every painful "chore" my husband and I had to tackled in order to put our little girl to rest. Every tear, every sleepless night... etched in my mind forever. That is why I so long to help others with their drug issues. If I can touch the heart of even one addict that will not die from their addiction than everything is worth it.

To bring others to Christ, to help them turn over their burdens and find peace... what a glorious task for me. To plant the seeds... that's really what I do... plant, plant, plant... pray, pray, pray... the Lord helps with the rest.

Applying for Not-for-Profit status is very difficult my friends. They make it so difficult to help others. I guess too many folks with ill intent have made it hard on those that really want to make a difference. So, tomorrow I will try and complete the rest of my application. I am excited to begin raising funds for group outings and expansion of my group sessions.

I know the Lord will continue to open doors and give me opportunities to touch others and expand... how do I know this??? Because the Lord longs to give me the desires of my heart... and the desires of my heart is to reach as many young people as I can. Praise the Lord for his presence... there isn't anything our mighty Lord can not do.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment